top of page
Spring Roses

Resources for Self Help

Crisis Intervention


Call 911 immediately if you are worried about your safety or the safety of a loved one.   911 can be called for physical as well as psychological issues. You can also call 911 and request a “wellness check” by a police officer if you are unable to reach your elder by phone and you are worried they may have fallen or otherwise hurt themselves in the home.


Crisis Clinic of the Peninsulas  (360) 479-3033 - Serving Clallam, Kitsap, and Jefferson Counties:


Kitsap Mental Health Services  (360) 373-5031 - Crisis Response Team and help for adults dealing with mental illness or a mental health crisis:


Kitsap County Domestic Violence Task Force (360) 479-0522 - help with domestic violence:


Suicide Prevention Hotline (800) 273-8255 - list of local Washington hotlines for 24/7 help:


Veterans Crisis Line (800) 273-8255 - suicide prevention and crisis support for veterans, active duty personnel, and families/loved ones:


Washington Recovery Help Line (866) 789-1511 - 24 hour help for substance abuse, problem gambling, and mental illness:


Health and Disability


ALS Association (425) 656-1650 - Evergreen Chapter:


Alzheimers Association Washington Chapter (206) 363-5500


American Cancer Society (800) 227-2345 - Information, Resources, and Support:


American Diabetes Association (800) 342-2383 - Information, Resources, and Support:


American Heart Association (800) 242-8721 - Info and Resources:


American Lung Association (206) 441-5100 - Information, Resources, and Support:


Bright Focus Foundation (800) 437-2423 - Information on Alzheimer’s, Macular Degeneration, & Glaucoma:


Cancer Care (800) 813-HOPE (4673) - Comprehensive website offering help and support for patients, caregivers, and loved ones dealing with cancer:


Chemo Care (844) 268.3901 - Information on specific chemotherapy medications, including known side effects, drug interaction information:


Lung Cancer Alliance (800) 298-2436 - National organization devoted to research, information, advocacy, and support for those dealing with lung cancer:


Medline Plus (800) 633-5463 - Medical Encyclopedia:


National Alzheimer’s Association (800) 272-3900:


Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (800) 473-4636 - Research & Education Center:


Washington State Parkinson’s Association (206) 695-2905 - programs to support health and wellness for patients living with Parkinson’s:





4th Angel (866) 520-3197 - Patient and Caregiver Mentoring Program for People with Cancer:


Caregiver Support Programs through DSHS in Washington State (800) 422-3263:


Dispute Resolution Center of Kitsap County (360) 698-0968 - Offering mediation services to families when power struggles prevent clear decision making:


Kitsap County Family Caregiver Support Program (360) 337-5700 - Support for unpaid family caregivers, including a drop in Support Center open M-F from 11am to 2pm:


VA Caregiver Support (855) 260-3274 - U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Caregiver Program for caregivers of veterans:





Benefits Checkup (online only) - National Council on Aging - find benefit programs to help pay for medications, health care, food, and more:


Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (855) 411-CFPB (2372) - U.S. government agency that protects older Americans by making sure banks, lenders, and other financial companies treat you fairly:


Healthwell Foundation (800) 675-8416 - Financial help with medical expenses when insurance is not enough:


Kitsap Community Resources Veterans’ Assistance Program (360) 337-4811 - financial help for veterans in Kitsap, including help with rent, energy & utilities, food, transportation, medical and prescription costs, burial costs, and more:


Needy Meds (800) 503-6897 - Online portal for finding help with the cost of medicine and some medical supplies:


Partnership for Prescription Assistance (888) 477-2669 - Onine portal for finding help with the cost of medicine:





Center for Excellence in Assisted Living (202) 216-9623 -


Housing Kitsap (360) 535-6100 - Help with housing issues, including home rehabilitation financial assistance programs:


Medicare (800) 633-4227 - Website to Search for Skilled Nursing Facilities:


Local Resources


Aging and Long-Term Support Administration (877) 501-2233 - help with long term care, kinship care, in-home care, and more:

Compass & Clock Senior Resources & Support (206) 321-8016 - serving communities in Western Washington from Gig Harbor to Port Angeles in navigating life today to remain independent tomorrow:  

Kitsap Community Resources (360) 377-0053  - Help for low-income Kitsap Community residents, including housing and energy assistance and veteran’s assistance:


Kitsap County Aging & Long Term Care (360) 337-5700 - WA State Area Agency on Aging (AAA): provides case management for Medicaid funded community services:


Northwest Center for Creative Aging (206) 382-3789 - Offers programs for engaging adults in vital and inspired living as they age:


Washington Pioneer Network (online only) - Facilitating transformation in the culture of aging in the 21st century:


National Resources


Administration for Commuity Living (202) 401-4634 - US Dept. of Health and Human Services:


Aging Life Care Association (520) 881-8008 - National organization for Aging Life Care Managers:


Aging With Dignity (850) 681-2010 - goal to affirm and safeguard the human dignity of individuals as they age and to promote better care for those near the end of life:


Alliance for Aging Research (202) 293-2856 - general aging research and information:


American Association of Retired Persons (888) 687-2277 - National organization for retired people:


American Geriatrics Society (212) 308-1414 - General information and advocacy site:


American Health Care Association (202) 842-4444 - Long term and post acute care providers advocating quality care and services for frail, elderly, and disabled individuals:


American Society on Aging (415) 974-9600 - Advancing knowledge on behalf of aging adults:


Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (800) 633-4227 - official US Government site:


Family Caregiver Alliance (800) 445-8106 - National Center on Caregiving:


The National Council on Aging (571) 527-3900 - Improving the health and economic

security of older adults:


National Family Caregivers Association (800) 896-3650 - education and peer support


National Institute of Health’s National Institute on Aging (800) 222-2225 - education on aging


US Dept of Health & Human Services (877) 696-6775​ - resource and support for aging


US Department of Veterans Affairs (844) 698-2311 - Veterans guide to geriatric services:




Geriatric Mental Health Foundation (703) 556-9222:


Medicare Rights Center (800) 333-4114 - nonprofit consumer services organization:


National Alliance for Caregiving (301) 718-8444:


National Association for Homecare and Hospice (202) 547-7424:


National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (877) 622-7937:


Supportive Care Matters - a public awareness campaign sponsored by The Partnership for Palliative Care (212) 843-0266:


The Coalition to Transform Advanced Illness Care (C-TAC) (online only) -




Education in Palliative and End-of-lifeCare (312) 503-3732 - resources for professionals as well as curriculum for caregivers:


End of Life Washington (206) 256-1636 - formerly Compassionate Choices - resource for exploring various end of life options including death with dignity:


Honoring Choices Pacific Northwest (online only) - Initiative of the Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA) and the Washington State Medical Association (WSMA):


Hope Hospice (800) 499-7501 - A general information resource on hospice:


National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (703) 837-1500:


Washington Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (message phone only) (253) 661-3739: promoting quality compassionate end-of-life care:


Washington State Medical Association (206) 441-9762: understanding Advance Directives:


Washington State Medical Association (206) 441-9762: identifying choices for treatment at end of life




American Bar Association  (800) 285-2221 - National association of American lawyers, often provides free legal guidance for people dealing with serious illness:


National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (online only):


US Living Will Registry (800) 548-9455- electronic storage for advanced directives:


Washington Law Help (206) 464-1519 - Northwest Justice Project offers free legal services for low income individuals:

bottom of page